Did you know that for centuries, people have been using flowers to express their deepest desires? This is the reason why for a long time, people have been giving flowers to family, friends and loved ones, in an effort to convey what they truly feel. Aside from this, cultures the world over have attached symbolisms to different types of flowers.
To understand the hidden meanings and symbolisms of flowers, we have compiled the following information sheet for you:
- Did you know that the lotus flower has been known to symbolize divinity and purity? This is the reason why in Asian cultures, the giving of the lotus flower shows the innocence of love.
- In the United Kingdom, have you notice men and women sporting the poppy on their breasts? The poppy has become the symbol for remembering those who have fallen during the first World War.
- In Western Countries and even Eastern ones, the rose has always been special. This is because in different cultures, the rose has always been viewed as a symbol of beauty and even of love. Sometimes even the thorns on roses have also been referred to in symbolisms such as the “roses and the thorns” with roses referring to women and thorns referring to men.
- Some flowers like the orchids have been known to be symbols of romance such as the dancing lady, among others.
- There are flowers which have been uniquely named to refer to specific things such as the forget-me-not which is inspired by lovers who promise not to forget each other, the daisy which literally means the “day’s eye” because of it looks like it welcomes the sun.
So now, are you ready to choose the flower that you will be sending to your loved one? QC Flower is happy to help you determine which type of flower best represents the message that you’s like to convey.